Montage of Papa

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Update On Papa Lew

I just wanted everyone to know that when I read him what you write, he gets a big smile and seems to take comfort in knowing that you all care so much. At this point he is refusing the nutrition, he has a lot of vivid dreams that he is acting out in bed. Like typing emails, reading the newspaper, smoking.
I think that if anybody wants to come by and see him, that is fine, just call ahead of time and know that he doesn't stay alert for long periods of time. However, he has been known to surprise us all in the past. He struggles after a sentence or two so understand he won't be able to socialize a lot. He isn't the same man he was a month ago. I don't know what more to do for him except what we already are. My brother is here now so there are 3 of us to care for him, with my uncle Lyle. Also my Aunt Sue and Uncle Jack are here from Indiana and they've been with him all day, too.

I am grateful to all the family and friends that been so understanding and supportive, and for all of your Prayers.

Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments for papa, I will repost them on hte main page. Thank you!